This place has the MOST food of any festival I’ve ever been to, and it’s all killer good. Just walking down the street smelling everything is a good time. That is, if you’re already full of festival food.
Since we got there at about 9:30, Eric wanted donuts and I couldn’t stop him, and I’m glad he persisted because those were THE BEST donuts I’ve ever had.
Breakfast: a few donut holes – warm and perfectly crispy on the outside with just the right amount of sugar, and they melted in my mouth. (I can’t stop thinking about these things!)
Lunch: a German sundae – potatoes and kraut topped with sour cream, cheese and a little green olive*
A fountain Pepsi
The BEST polish sausage I’ve ever had topped with what else? KRAUT!
A cup of warm spiced cider
A taste of Eric’s delicious iced lemonade
A taste of Jason and Michelle's pumpkin fudge (KILLER)
A few of Eric’s fried mushrooms
A fountain Diet Coke
At home: a couple of slices of yummy pumpkin nut bread that we bought at the festival
Trader Joe’s spiced cider and some more Trader Joe’s chips and a few sliced marinated artichokes from the jar - when these are on sale, they're one of my favorite snacks. Trader Joe’s are priced well but have a sweeter taste which I’m not sure I like as much but will still eat any chance I get.
After the festival, I was having a carb depression that only made me hungrier.
Luckily we had some freezer reserves for dinner: Trader Joe’s southwest chicken quesadillas with veggies. (Our first try – not the best but not bad)
More spiced cider and a little bit of some crappy red wine from where else? Trader Joe’s – it cost a little more than Two Buck Chuck but wasn’t better.
1 comment:
Mmmm....Diet Coke. I know it's no good, but I really, really like it. I prefer it over any drink (besides water, and that's even a toss up).
Post a Comment