Saturday, September 06, 2008

I want to see U2 again so badly...

Go here to see why U2's last tour rocked so much.

One of his comments I like that applies to the election right now:
".....you [Bono] refuse to dig at Bush or the US Government. You are about solutions."

Why are the Republicans openly dissing and criticizing the Democrats? Boo! I certainly wouldn't diss anybody in a job interview, so how is an election different? (e.g. Sarah Palin saying with an annoying smirk that her job as mayor of a 6,000 person town was way more challenging than Obama's as a community organizer - puhlease!)

I don't wholly side with either party; I just want to learn more than I attempted to last election, which wasn't much.

But what I already know is U2, I love you.

3 comments:

Brady and Karen said...

Palin's comments came directly after Obama attacked her position as an Alaskan govenor, citing his position and numbers (money, number of people he works with as opposed to her, etc.). She was defending herself after getting trashed by the Democrats.

I think the press badly wants the Obama campaign to take it all. It blows me away how much positive coverage Obama's campaign has verses McCain's.

Personally, I think Obama is far too liberal. I think Palin is too conservative, but I like McCain (so far, and on most issues). I think Republicans will have a difficult time swinging it, though, even though polls cite them as even. We'll see!

Brady and Karen said...

Didn't mean to come across as a know-it-all political analyst. I hate mud-slinging, and we're about to get hit with two months of it...

Eric and Jill said...

Yup, I couldn't agree more and am glad you commented. Palin is too conservative for my taste. Did you hear she tried to have books banned from the library (I think when she was mayor)? But Obama also seems too liberal. I guess he didn't diss her at the Democratic National Convention because she wasn't chosen yet.

I hate how politics works, going against the Golden Rule. Bring solutions people, solutions, i.e. a four-day work week! ;)