From one of my Rachael Ray books, this simple pasta recipe was so flavorful, I'll definitely be making it the next time I have parsley on hand.
1 pound linguine
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (2 pinches or a couple of shakes)
1/4 to 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
*5 anchovy fillets
A handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cook pasta until it's al dente. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook garlic and pepper in oil until garlic speaks. Add anchovies and stir them in oil with a wooden spoon until they disappear. Toss drained pasta into this pan. Coat the pasta evenly with the garlic and oil and anchovies. Add parsley and black pepper. Toss and taste. Adjust pepper and add a pinch of salt (I didn't even add salt, the sauce was flavorful enough). This pasta was so tasty, I couldn't even tell that I had used whole wheat noodles! And the leftovers made a great lunch the next day.
*I just learned from a free one-day pass to Cooksillustrated.com that the best way to preserve the rest of a tin of anchovies is to roll them up and refrigerate them on a dish until hardened. Then, transfer them to a plastic baggie and place back in the freezer until ready to thaw. This is good to know as I've wasted a few anchovies in my day!
No comments:
Post a Comment