

What a great name for a band. The name alone makes me feel all happy and warm inside. I bought a t-shirt with Clap Your Hands Say Yeah printed in bright hot pink block letters so that others may feel so happy just reading my t-shirt. If Joe and Melissa and I wore our shirts all at the same time, everyone would be bursting with happiness.
So Southgate House brings in some pretty cool live acts. The Brunettes opened and were kinda cool; they actually clapped their hands more. They played a song about Mary Kate and Ashley while wearing cardboard masks with the girls' images from their Full House heyday with the eyes and mouths cut out. It was kinda creepy but funny. Why are the Olsen twins so damn appealing to our culture? They don't ever show their teeth! Do they have teeth anymore? Did they let their teeth rot and fall out while trying to take the hobo look to a whole new level? When Clap Your Hands Say Yeah came out, two dudes in the band looked like little Dave Couliers. Can you find the two Daves posted up top? I'm sure you can! Especially with the help of the first pic with one of the Dave Coulier lookalikes peering out of the corner. Reminders of Full House are everywhere! If I hadn't just witnessed the tribute to the Olsen twins, I probably wouldn't have made this odd connection.
Anyways, CYHSY's music was fun; I don't know what genre I'd classify them as. Listening right now to their CD that Joe secretly went off and bought for me at the show makes me like them more as I type. It's all coming back to me. Thanks Joe, what a bro! Never having tuned in to CYHSY prior to the show, I think I appreciate their music even more now than if I hadn't seen them live. And the fact that their t-shirts kick U2's concert shirts a-- helps their case too. I wouldn't ever shell out the bucks for one of U2's "we're so cool look at us being all cool in our shades" t's.
The sushi restaurant at Newport has some delicous eats. I had miso soup and a tempura salmon roll with avocado and cream cheese...mmm, the best tempura I've ever had, so light and perfectly crispy. The bathrooms there are super fancy. Once inside, two toilets are sectioned off each by a sliding door, so it's like you're in your own little room. I couldn't even hear Melissa going, and even said, "Melissa, can you hear me?" a couple of times, and she had no idea. I would've loved to capture all these things on film, but my battery died in my good ole little Elf. Eric has the digital cam in Portland.
Alright, nighty nights night.
3 comments:
They were on Letterman on Friday night. Funny coincidence! Hope you were able to escape the office through the crazy rain and hail on Friday!!
I hear that sushi is really dangerous.
HAHA!!! and only a trend right, Karen?!
Jules, wish I'd have seen the band on Letterman! I crashed at 9!!!
Post a Comment