Friday, October 28, 2005

Fountain Square of Old

Anyone familiar with Cincinnati knows about Fountain Square. In the heart of downtown, the coolest thing about it was well, the fountain. Now, the city's restructuring the whole setting to make the spot a hip destination with more things to see, including an outdoor market. The new and improved Fountain Square won't be unveiled until August 2006. Here are some pics commemorating Fountain Square of Old.




Although it wasn't the most aesthetically pleasing place, one thing was a sure bet: people-watching never failed as a fun thing to do on a lazy day--self-professed Jesus lovers praisin' the Lord, parents chasing after kids, and prostitutes lunching all in the same place. Since it's been closed, we've been able to see the fountain's one ton statue, 'Genius of Water' on display at the Cincy Art Museum. She's quite a dominating presence when viewed from ground-level.

4 comments:

Brady said...

I love that fountain!

Sooo...where can I get one of those Jesus tees?

hehe

Brady said...

Oh, and does that dad have a ball on his back?

Eric and Jill said...

Haha, if you get the bug to be crafty, I'm sure you could make a tee just like that one. I still have my "Meanest Monkeys in the Cage" puff-paint shirt from h.s. Also, I never noticed that guy's back 'til you said something. I have no idea what the deal is with that!

Brady said...

It still looks like summer there. You guys must be having some warm weather these days.